Core Simplicity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde PvE guild on Emeriss EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deij - dps DK apply

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dei

Deij - dps DK apply Empty
PostSubject: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Greetings, Core Simplicity!

CHARACTER & ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Character name: Deij
Level: 80
Class: Death Knight
Spec: Frost - 17/44/0 -
Original owner: Me
Does anyone share my account details: No

Proffessions(level) / First aid: First aid maxed. I focused on the fast leveling of my Death Knight and I havent maxed my proffesions yet. However I will do that very soon. Moreover, my druid which used to be my main is Alch / Herb

WoWArmory link:
Code:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Deij

Previous guilds: Brain Cell Massacre

Why did you leave your previous guild?
The guild is inactive for the core members quit WoW.

Do you have any other open applications with other guild? No

I will always have the latest gems and enchant on my new gear: Yes I will.

I will respecc if a RL/GM ask me to: I will consider a respec if this is in the best interest of the guild.

Previous raid experience:

-Pre TBC I have ZG, MC, Ony and BWL as a warlock
-TBC unfortunately I have done only Gruul, Maggy, SSC and TK with my warlock and my druid

Other information:
A little history first: Long ago I played a warlock on Emeriss - Valefore. This character is no longer there and no longer on my account and I spent my days in Outlands as a healer - my druid Deiform.
I did my best as a druid and i studied my class' mechanics as good as i could. I was dedicated on healing and being the best. However I never had the real chance to be in a guild where people share my interests, until I joined Brain Cell Massacre almost a year ago. It was a casual guild but with experienced ex-hardcore players in the core. I liked the people and the friendly atmosphere so I stayed with for quite long period of time. I did pvp a lot in Arena season 3 and 4 at high rating and I did enjoy all that. However Wotlk is now here, with all its innovations, and I have a strong desire to PvE, but most of the core members of my guild quit the game to play Warhammer and in fact, we are very few people now.

I started my DK out of curiosity, I wanted to try something new and fresh and I ended up power leveling my DK instead of my druid Very Happy Now that I am level 80 for several days already I am looking for a guild where I can experience the new PvE content.

I would like to join because the guild seems like a solid, but also friendly guild, which I find important. I expect a friendly environment, while progressing in the PvE aspect of WoW. I learn fast, and I enjoy the encounters and your raid times suit me perfectly; extending raids is never a problem for me.

At the moment i am studying the DK's class mechanics in order to improve my dps for I have a strong desire to be the best DK. That is why I spend a lot of time reading all the DK theorycraft and any other information concerning DKs i can find. I will get the best possible enchants and the best possible gems which are within my reach and I will spec the best performing build.

I love my class. I find it much harder to be a good DK dps-er compared to the other classes even thought DKs may seem overpowered at low levels. This is because of the new combat system itself and the dps rotations. But that is why I continue playing it - I like it to be challenging.

As a member, I would be: Reliable and dedicated. I look out for the guild both in and outside of raids. I can say I am a good listener, always open to learn, and this is, pretty much how I am irl too. I always read boss tactics first and I go prepared to raids. I am friendly, polite, and respectful towards other members. Furthermore, I am patient and calm person, and I am always trying to be good to people (:

PERSONAL & COMPUTER INFORMATION

Nationality: I prefer not to share this on the public forums, however, my understanding, writing and speaking of the English language is excellent.

Occupation: I work as a comp sys administrator with php and mysql programming.

About me:
I am a very tolerant person, I enjoy wow and some other pc games. My music is rock/ metal, I like English and American literature, "Prison break" and "Lost" Razz
About my personality, I already mentioned - I am calm and patient and I am a fast learner.

Computer spec: P4@2,66 with HT; 1,5GB of RAM; Ati Radeon 9600 VGA with 150% Overclock ^^

Connection: Broadband WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

My online time in general: My warlock had 45 days played, my druid - 70 days and my Death Knight is with 7 days playtime now. This makes it ~122 days overall.

I can raid: 4(5)/5 days per week.

Link to my UI - I am a perfectionist when it comes to my UI. However, my DK's UI isnt 100% ready yet. I could post a screenshot later on.

List your keybindings if they're not clearly visible on the screenshot. I have every single spell on all my characters key binded. I use 1-5; alt1-5; altF1-F3;q e r t y u v f g; `; alt`

WWS: I dont have.

This is the most important question you have to answer:
I have fully understood that Core Simplicity is a raiding guild, whom raid very much - and expect the applicants to raid with us for progress. I will only post this application if I know that i can keep up for a long time, and i will ALWAYS choose PvE over PvP.
- I understand.

A couple of days ago I spoke to Caill in game and he told me that you are full on DKs. However, I am posting this in case the situation have changed and someone doesn't want to have a DK as main character anymore. Moreover, I am already level 80 and farming gear / experience as DK. Razz
Thank you for considering my application!

-Deij
Back to top Go down
Deijj

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Quote :
My online time in general: My warlock had 45 days played, my druid - 70 days and my Death Knight is with 7 days playtime now. This makes it ~122 days overall.

Aww ... I am afraid I misread the question.
So ...

My online time in general: I play 3- 15 hours a day. Mostly in the evenings.

Regards !
-Deij
Back to top Go down
hornyponi

hornyponi

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Dei wrote:
am a very tolerant person, I enjoy wow and some other pc games. My music is rock/ metal, I like English and American literature, "Prison break" and "Lost"
MUST WATCH PRISON BREACK!

As for the app...solid...Dk spots arent closed.
We will give u an answer asap.
Back to top Go down
NYN
Officer
NYN

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 pm

The guild requiments now are "prison break" watchers , if u watch ure pro Very Happy

I have friends who had more afk played total time.

Last edited by NYN on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NYN
Officer
NYN

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:35 pm

PLEASE for the love of GOD , explain the spec to me as a death knight.
You are like a battlemage on frost with no tanking items or tanking abilities , it must be a new spec for the next arena sezon ?
Did your ghoul respeced at night while u were asleep ?
Back to top Go down
Dei

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 pm

17/54/0 was the spec I meant. I mistyped it in my first post but i cannot edit. However I assume you looked up my spec in the armory.

Death knights dont have all their mitigration talents in one tree. What I get from my frost build dps wise is : 10% dmg to all abilitise from Tundra stalker; Frost Strike which is a lovely RP dumper ( As a DK you probably know that you should always dump the RP in order to increase your dps.) So frost strike is nicely increased by Black ice by 30% which also increases your IT damage too. And as a DK you know you should keep your diseases up all times, else you gimp your dps (Not like a shadow priest with the final tick).

I would like it more if we made it like a nice discussion, and not like this. Bring your arguments for "a new spec for the next arena sezon " if you really mean this... I dont have a single talent that benefits me more in pvp situations.
I did try few variations of each spec, I also did some testing ...this means 8-9 respecs so far.

The spells rotation on a single target I use in this spec (17/54/0) is:
PS -> IT -> BS -> BS -> OB -> FS*RP/40
PS -> IT -> OB -> OB -> FS*RP/40

With 1,5 sec GCD thats exactly 12 seconds for the new IT.
->1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5-> 1.5 (GCD)
PS -> IT -> BS -> BS -> OB -> FS -> FS -> (assuming RP for 2FS)
12 seconds- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >PS 1.5 IT -> BS

With my gear and no buffs this gives me ~1600-1700 dps on the Heroic training dummie.

Furthermore this build provides me HB which is an insane AoE attack.
That's the lovely IT -> PS -> Pest -> HB -> BB rotation and here the phat numbers and dps come.

Also HB can replace OB in certain fights with high melee damage reduction.
Of course OB>HB in most cases ( A fast calculation: With 4K ap, 3,4 speed 203,7dps 2H
HB looks like (270 + 4000 * 0.1) * 2 * 1.1 * 1.3 = 1916.2 where 270 is the avg base dmg, 0.1 is the coeficient from the compendium thread, * 2 is double damage from disease, 1.1 is glacier rot and 1.3 is black ice
OB looks like (692.5 + (4000 * 3.3 / 14) * 1.2 + 292 + 146) = 2261.9 where 692.5 is avg weapon dmg, 3.3 is normalized weapon speed, 1.2 is from the glyph and 146 is disease damage (146 * 2 / 2). )

However this HB is an aoe spell attack and is not reduced by armor so it has its place on the earth Razz (Oh yeah Aoe, there it shines <3 )

I wrote all this only to show how Frost isn't retarded spec, nor it is a pure tanking spec. Nor it is a pure PvP spec. I didnt like your attitude to my build. I did think over those talents. No it was not my ghoul who specced. I do not say that I am 100% right and that I know a lot about DKs. I am still learning and testing. I might end up unholy, or blood... And I would love to learn about our class from you, NYN, about your rotations, spec, glyps and all if we are able to have a nice and discussion full of arguments and love ! Razz

Code:
/tar nyn
/hug
/kiss
/s <3

-Deij
Back to top Go down
NYN
Officer
NYN

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:06 pm

My replys were mostly sarcasm cause u said u are speced for DPS (even the pvp one) . U can theorycraft that full frost can be used for DPS but i doubt the efficency.
On boss fight AoE abilityes dont help in 98% of the encounters and cant compare HB to OB cause u have way to many talents that increase OB efficency ( Crit and more dmg with it ). Having deep frost spec for DPS seems from my point of view redundent comparing with any high end famous guild DPS DK-es , cause i couldnt find ONE to to have frost spec as DPS spec. I have tryed combination with some frost as DPS but it doesnt boost it that much. My tanking spec is damage based as well as u can see and comparing frost strike as a runic dump to any other option it doesn't come even close. I hate theorycraft i only speak from experiencecraft Razz . I went to Naxx as dps as well as deep blood with some frost with equipment like ure or worse cause i only farmed for tank items and did a cool 2-2.5k DPS . So u have to forgive me if i see you're DPS spec as excentric. Since armory refuses to load when i right this reply , when i have a change to relook u're spec and comment on it. To finish this i can only tell u to go look for some specs on other DK from famouser guilds on armory and see why they speced how they did.
IMO therorycraft for this class doesnt exist or isnt accurate since the game dont have a month since it released and it was based on powers that keept on changing and some doesnt even exist anymore , hence thats why its called "theorycraft" cause its theory.

And im not fit to say if there are open places for DK in the guild cause its debateble the number of active DK in the guild , though i admire the enthusiasm given to make a proper application and i apologiez if my sarcasm came up as rudeness cause it wasn't intended so
Back to top Go down
hornyponi

hornyponi

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:34 am

actually u did 1400 on Heroic training dummy
Back to top Go down
Dei

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:54 am

Dps- ing a static target for 2 minute can allways give different results because you might get a bunch of crits or non crits. Anyway at the moment I do not have the energy to play, read and test.
PS: You cant see my my frost build on the armory atm for I am unholy, testing rotations etc. Unholy is ugly though.
nn
Back to top Go down
NYN
Officer
NYN

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:27 pm

hornyponi wrote:
actually u did 1400 on Heroic training dummy

Where u the training dummy ?
Back to top Go down
Caill
Officer
Caill

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 pm

After much consideration and debating, taking in everything we don't feel that you will be a good fit for the guild as a whole. We're sorry, application denied. Good luck in finding a suitable guild for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deij - dps DK apply   Deij - dps DK apply Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deij - dps DK apply
Page 1 of 1